News: Kingston Technology Releases Enterprise-Grade Data Center NVMe SSD for Mixed-Use
- Enterprise-class U.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Gen 3.0 x4 with Power Loss Protection
- Delivers Consistent I/O and Predictable Low Latency
Fountain Valley, CA – March 2, 2020 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced the availability of DC1000M, a new U.2 data center NVMe PCIe SSD. DC1000M is designed to support a wide range of data-intensive enterprise workloads including Cloud computing, web hosting, high-performance computing (HPC), virtual infrastructures, artificial intelligence and deep learning applications. DC1000M joins the recently released DC1000B NVMe boot drive, the VMware Ready™ DC500 series SATA SSDs and DC450R to form the most complete range of superior enterprise-class data center storage solutions in the market.
“Mission critical services and Cloud-based applications depend not only on lightning-fast IOPS and bandwidth, but also on the consistency and predictability of the data being serviced,” said Keith Schimmenti, enterprise SSD business manager, Kingston. “DC1000M provides the stability and low latency for the evolving data center while powering the workloads that require one drive write per day
(1 DWPD) endurance.”
DC1000M is an affordable and powerful NVMe drive for data centers. Customers looking to make the leap from SATA/SAS SSDs to NVMe will enjoy the similarities in implementation but with much faster data rates and lower latency. The drive features high-storage capacity and best in-class enterprise performance. DC1000M offers a high-performance Gen 3.0 x4 NVMe PCIe interface enabling high throughput and low latency on standardized platforms, delivering up to 540K IOPS of random read performance and over 3GB/s of throughput. DC1000M is built to strict QoS requirements to ensure predictable random IO performance as well as predictable latencies over a wide range of server workloads.
The widely accepted U.2 (2.5″) form factor design works seamlessly with the latest generation servers and storage arrays utilizing PCIe and U.2 backplanes. It’s hot pluggable which makes the challenges of serviceable PCIe storage an issue of the past. Additionally, the drive includes enterprise-class features such as end-to-end data path protection, power-loss protection (PLP) and telemetry monitoring for increased data center reliability. DC1000M is available in 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB and 7.68TB capacities1 7; and, is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit kingston.com.
DC1000M SSD Features & Specifications
· Data Center NVMe Performance: Incredible I/O consistency with speeds of up to 3GB/s and up to 540K IOPS.
- Enterprise-Class Mixed-Use Storage: An exceptional balance of consistent I/O delivery with high read and write IOPS performance to manage a wide range of transactional workloads.
- Reduce Application Latencies: Quality of Service (QoS) delivers ultra-low transactional latency for large data sets and various web-based applications.
- On-board Power Loss Protection (PLP): Enterprise-class protection to reduce possibility of data loss or corruption on ungraceful power fails.
- Form Factor: U.2, 2.5″ x 15mm
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x4
- Capacities1: 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB, 7.68TB7
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 960GB – 3,100MBs/1,330MBs
- 1.92TB – 3,100MBs/2,600MBs
- 3.84TB – 3,100MBs/2,700MBs
- 7.68TB – 3,100MBs/2,800MBs
- Steady-State 4k Read/Write2:
- 960GB – 400,000/125,000 IOPS
- 1.92TB – 540,000/205,000 IOPS
- 3.84TB – 525,000/210,000 IOPS
- 7.68TB – 485,000/210,000 IOPS
- Latency2 3 4 5: TYP Read/Write: <300 µs / <1 ms
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling: Yes
- Power Loss Protection (Power Caps): Yes
- Enterprise SMART tools: Reliability tracking, usage statistics, SSD life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- 960GB — (1 DWPD/5yrs)5
- 1.92TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs)5
- 3.84TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs)5
- 7.68TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs)5
- Power Consumption:
- 960GB: Idle: 5.14W Average Read: 5.25W Average Write: 9.10W Max Read: 5.64W Max Write: 9.80W
- 1.92TB: Idle: 5.22W Average Read: 5.31W Average Write: 13.1W Max Read: 5.70W Max Write: 13.92W
- 3.84TB: Idle: 5.54W Average Read: 5.31W Average Write: 14.69W Max Read: 6.10W Max Write: 15.5W
- 7.68TB: Idle: 5.74W Average Read: 5.99W Average Write: 17.06W Max Read: 6.63W Max Write: 17.88W
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 100.09mm x 69.84mm x 14.75mm
- Weight: 160(g)
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support6: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
Kingston DC1000M Part Numbers
|SEDC1000M/960G||960GB Data Center DC1000M NVMe SSD|
|SEDC1000M/1920G||1.92TB Data Center DC1000M NVMe SSD|
|SEDC1000M/3840G||3.84TB Data Center DC1000M NVMe SSD|
|SEDC1000M/7680G||7.68TB Data Center DC1000M NVMe SSD|
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
2 Workload based on FIO, Random 4KB QD=1 workload, measured as the time taken for 99.9 percentile of commands to finish the round-trip from host to drive and to host.
3 Measurement taken once the workload has reached steady state but including all background activities required for normal operation and data reliability.
4 Based on 960GB capacity.
5 Drives Writes Per Day (DWPD) derived from the JEDEC Enterprise Workload (JESD219A).
6 Limited warranty based on 5 years or when the usage of an NVME SSD as indicated by Kingston’s implementation of the Health attribute “Percentage Used” reaches or exceeds a normalized value of one hundred (100) as indicated by the Kingston SSD Manager (kingston.com/SSDManager). For NVMe SSDs, a new unused product will show a Percentage Used value of 0, whereas a product that reaches it warranty limit will show a Percentage Used value of greater than or equal to one hundred (100).
7 7.68TB capacity ships later Q1/early Q2.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call 877-546-4786 or visit kingston.com.