Evnia (by Philips) Enters the Gaming Monitor Fray -HomeNow! 2023
Back to: Pepcom Home Now! (May 2023)
Evnia is a new monitor brand that launched in October 2022 in Europe, and has just made its way to US soil. While they’re branded as gaming monitors, they look like pieces of art for a minimalist lifestyle. So what you see is an elegant courtesan during the day – with a deadly assassin hiding underneath til nightfall.
Evnia incorporates the latest technologies (like OLED and Mini-LED) and have 3 monitors in their lineup; with the 42” (their largest) having perfect specs for a hybrid user – the graphic designer who loves to game.
- Panel: 41.5” 16:9 OLED
- Resolution: 4K UHD (3840×2160) @138Hz
- Response: 0.1ms (GTG)
- Color: DCI-P3 98%, Delta E < 2, 450 nits peak brightness
- Extras: Built-in KVM switch & USB hub, 3.5mm jack, 10W speakers, Remote Control
- MSRP: $1,599.99
The other 2 are 34” curved monitors, though we only saw one of them at this event. When compared to the 42”, this one uses a Mini-LED panel (instead of OLED) and has a wider aspect ratio – but slower response time. It retains some of the extras like built-in KVM switch and 4 port USB hub.
- Panel: Curved (1500R) 34” 21:9 Mini-LED LCD
- Resolution: 1440p WQHD (3440×1440) @165Hz
- Response: 2.5ms (GTG)
- Color: DCI-P3 97%, Delta E < 2, 1400 nits peak brightness
- Extras: Built-in KVM switch & USB hub, 3.5mm jack, 5W speakers
- MSRP: $1,799.99
You’ll be happy to hear that Evnia is a Philips brand (they also own AOC/AGON), so it’s not some fly-by-night company. And with the state-side launch, Evnia monitors will be sold as B&H exclusive for a month (May-June of 2023) and priced lower than MSRP (the B&H website lists the 42” at $1399.99 & 34” at $1299.99).