NEWS: OWC’s Crushproof, Waterproof Portable USB-C SSD
The OWC Envoy Pro Elektron is basically a tank. With a protection rating of IP67, it’s crushproof, waterproof & dustproof – super useful if you move around a lot and do backups on location. The size is really small too, almost like a creditcard (with some thickness to it of course).
Real-world speeds are said to go up to 1011MB/s using NVMe technology via a Thunderbolt/USB-C connection; plus, they throw in a USB type-A adapter for backward compatibility.
Full press release below:
OWC Announces Envoy Pro Elektron The Fastest, Toughest Mini-Sized USB-C Bus-Powered SSD
Small enough to fit in your pocket, this USB-C bus-powered drive is crushproof and dustproof with up to 1011MB/s in real-world speeds
OWC®, the premier zero-emissions Mac and PC technology company, and a respected provider of Memory, External Drives, SSDs, Mac & PC docking solutions, and performance upgrade kits, announces the new OWC Envoy Pro Elektron USB-C Bus-Powered SSD. This new portable drive puts pro-grade speeds, dust and waterproof ruggedness, and universal compatibility in the palm of your hand.
The OWC Envoy Pro Elektron is the fastest, toughest mini-sized SSD in the universe. Pocket-sized tiny, this USB-C bus-powered drive is crushproof, dustproof waterproof for editing/saving personal and work files anywhere at up to 1011MB/s real-world speed. That’s like transferring 91 high res photos* per second or a 5GB movie in less than five seconds. The sleek, cool running aircraft-grade aluminum storage solution with drive status LED operates silently without a power adapter. With the included USB-C cable and Type-A adapter, the OWC Envoy Pro Elektron is plug and play compatible with Macs or PCs produced over the last decade, current models, and well into the future; as well as iPad Pro and Chromebook tablets.
OWC Envoy Pro Elektron Highlights:
- Superfast for all: save, backup, and edit personal and work files with up to 1011MB/s real-world performance
- OWC Aura SSD powered: advanced NVMe technology delivers up to twice as fast performance compared to other portable SSDs
- Universally compatible: Plug and play with Thunderbolt and USB Macs or PCs produced over the last decade, current models, and well into the future, as well as with devices like the iPad Pro and Chromebooks
- Built like a tank: Crushproof, dustproof and waterproof IP67 rated
- Tiny: pocket-sized to go anywhere easily
- Bootable: start working and launch apps in seconds
- Informative: LED for at a glance confirmation of power and activity status
- Cool: heat-dissipating aircraft-grade aluminum housing for silent, throttle-free performance
- Connected: included USB-C cable with Type A adapter plugs into to any machine anywhere
- Worry-free: 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty
“With technology, we always want to go smaller, faster, lighter and rugged and the OWC Envoy Pro Elektron does just that,” said Larry O’Connor, CEO, and Founder of OWC. “This pocket-sized, tiny, crushproof, dustproof, and waterproof drive provides superfast, pro-grade speeds and up to 2.0TB capacity in the palm of your hand so you can edit and save wherever, whenever with virtually any Mac, PC or tablet.”
Pricing & Availability
The OWC Envoy Pro Elekton is available now through MacSales.com in capacities of 240GB and 480GB starting at $99.00 with 1.0TB and 2.0TB shipping in early and mid-November.