News: Kingston Digital Introduces New UV500 Family of SSDs
Kingston’s UV500 SATA SSD products are now available. With their recent announcement of their A1000 PCIe NVMe products, I think they now cover the whole solid state range for non-enterprise end-users.
- Choice of Form Factors to Fit a Wide Range of Systems
- 256-bit AES Hardware-based Encryption and Supports TCG Opal 2.0
Fountain Valley, CA – April 16, 2018 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced it is shipping the UV500 family line of SSD products. Available in multiple form factors, UV500 will be Kingston’s first 3D NAND-enabled SSD featuring full-disk encryption. UV500 is powered by the Marvell 88SS1074 controller, and combined with 3D NAND Flash, delivers incredible read/write speeds of up to 520MB/s and 500MB/s, making it 10x faster than a 7200RPM hard drive.
UV500 dramatically improves a system’s overall responsiveness with incredible boot, loading and transfer times; and, with no moving parts is far less likely to fail compared to mechanical hard drives. UV500 protects sensitive data with 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption and supports TCG Opal 2.0 It is available in three different form factors (2.5″, M.2 2280, mSATA) to accommodate any client system. UV500 is perfect as a boot drive or for primary storage as it is available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB and 1920GB*capacities.
“We are proud to bring the UV500 family of SSDs featuring self-encryption to market,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “The combination of a powerful controller, 3D NAND and data encryption in multiple form factors makes UV500 perfect for both consumers and enterprise users looking for a performance boost on existing systems.”
UV500 is backed by a limited five-year warranty and legendary Kingston support. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
UV500 Features and Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5″/M.2 2280/mSATA
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- 2.5″: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB, 1920B*
- M.2 2280: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB*
- mSATA: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Controller: Marvell 88SS1074
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Baseline Performance1:
- Data Transfer (ATTO)
- 120GB — up to 520/320MB/s
- 240GB — up to 520/500MB/s
- 480GB — up to 520/500MB/s
- 960GB — up to 520/500MB/s
- Maximum Random 4k Read/Write (IOMETER)
- 120GB — up to 79,000/18,000 IOPS
- 240GB — up to 79,000/25,000 IOPS
- 480GB — up to 79,000/35,000 IOPS
- 960GB — up to 79,000/45,000 IOPS
- Data Transfer (ATTO)
- Power Consumption: 0.195W Idle / 0.5W Avg / 1.17W (MAX) Read / 2.32 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: –40°C~85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
- 100.1mm x 69.85mm x 7mm (2.5″)
- 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm (M.2)
- 50.8mm x 29.85mm x 4.85mm (mSATA)
- 120GB – 480GB — 41g (2.5″)
- 960GB — 57g (2.5″)
- 120GB — 6.6g (M.2)
- 240GB — 6.7g (M.2)
- 480GB — 7.7g (M.2)
- 120GB — 6.2g (mSATA)
- 240GB – 480GB — 6.7g (mSATA)
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support3: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)4:
- 120GB — 60TB
- 240GB — 100TB
- 480GB — 200TB
- 960GB — 480TB
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for Server environments.
1 Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev 3.0 / PCIe 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage. IOMETER Random 4K Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
2 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
3 Limited warranty based on 5 years or SSD “Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager (kingston.com/SSDManager). A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). Seekingston.com/wa for details.
4 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A).
* Coming soon
Kingston UV500 SSD
|SUV500/120G||120GB UV500 stand-alone drive 2.5″|
|SUV500/240G||240GB UV500 stand-alone drive 2.5″|
|SUV500/480G||480GB UV500 stand-alone drive 2.5″|
|SUV500/960G||960GB UV500 stand-alone drive 2.5″|
|SUV500/1920G*||1920GB UV500 stand-alone drive 2.5″|
|SUV500B/120G||120GB Desktop / Notebook upgrade kit 2.5″|
|SUV500B/240G||240GB Desktop / Notebook upgrade kit 2.5″|
|SUV500B/480G||480GB Desktop / Notebook upgrade kit 2.5″|
|SUV500B/960G||960GB Desktop / Notebook upgrade kit 2.5″|
|SUV500B/1920G*||1920GB Desktop / Notebook upgrade kit 2.5″|
|SUV500M8/120G||120GB M.2 2280 form factor|
|SUV500M8/240G||240GB M.2 2280 form factor|
|SUV500M8/480G||480GB M.2 2280 form factor|
|SUV500M8/960G*||960GB M.2 2280 form factor|
|SUV500MS/120G||120GB mSATA form factor|
|SUV500MS/240G||240GB mSATA form factor|
|SUV500MS/480G||480GB mSATA form factor|
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call 877-546-4786 or visit www.kingston.com.